The magical land of India is no doubt one of the places you won’t regret visiting. With a variety of languages in each region of India, it creates a unique culture along with the uniqueness of food and fashion. India has a rich history from Mughal Rulers to British Touch along the way. This makes all the travellers go ‘Wow’ when they visit India. Nowadays, Sri Lankan citizens are taking quite a taste to explore India, even though both countries have cultural similarities. The first thing that pops in the head is How to get Indian e Visa for Sri Lankan Citizens?
Getting a visa for Sri-Lankan citizens is easy enough if you know the process. IndiaVisaInfo aims to help you go through the applying process without having to trouble yourself looking for requirements, fees, etc.
What is Indian Visa for Sri Lankan Citizens?
Indian Visa is a document which lets the people of Sri Lanka (or other countries) visit India for a stipulated amount of time as a tourist, for business, medical emergencies, etc
As a citizen of Sri Lanka, applying for an Indian tourist visa is easier than before as you can execute the entire process online without having to go to the Indian embassy. Sri Lankan Citizens wishing to travel to India need an Electronic Tourist Visa (ETV) which is an online visa and sent to your mail once it gets approved.
Types of Indian eVisa for Sri Lankan Citizens
Depending on the purpose of your visit, you may have to first choose which one of the visa you need. You can get in touch with IndianVisaInfo to get the information on the same:
You can get a tourist visa if you wish to explore the country of India. This is not changeable to any other type of visa once applied for. Any misuse of visa could lead to deportation and could also result in denial of visa later.
There are three variants of Tourist visa viz:
- Double Entry eTourist Visa (30 Days): This is valid for 30 days and you can visit two times on this visa. After you leave India for the second time, you cannot visit back in on the same visa regardless if you have completed 30 days or not.
- Multiple Entry eTourist Visa (1 Year): Valid for entire one year with multiple entries. That means you can come and go as many times as required for the entire year of validity.
- Multiple Entry eTourist Visa (5 Year): Valid for five years with multiple entries.
Important Note: For one and five years Visa, each visit should not exceed 90 days unless you’re a citizen of USA, UK, Canada, or Japan In those cases, each visit should not exceed 180 days.
This is usually a short trip visa and can be granted if you’re involved in any kind of business in India, or are attending a business-related activity like Seminars or Negotiations. You cannot use this visa for employment in India. The validity of this visa is one year and each visit cannot exceed 180 days. If you plan to stay more than 180 days, then you need to register yourself with FRRO/FRO under 2 weeks after the expiry of these 180 days.
This visa is issued to delegates from other countries who are scheduled to attend International conferences/meetings/seminars/symposium/workshops held by the Government of India or other International Organizations. The validity is 30 days with a single entry.
This is granted to foreign nationals who wish to come to India for any kind of medical treatment which may or may not be available in their own countries. This is a short term visa and the applicant himself/herself should be the patient.
Medical Attendant Visa
This visa is granted to individuals who are accompanying the person on Medical Visa. Only two medical attendants are allowed per Medical Visa.
This visa is granted to a Sri Lankan national if he is offered any type of work in India. This is not applicable for non-residents of Sri Lanka. This visa can be extended while in India by the Immigration Department, but for that to happen, registration is compulsory.
An individual can get Student Visa if they want to pursue any recognized course from any college/institution that is recognized by the Government of India. This is valid for the entire duration of the course and is not issued for Primary education.
Applicants cannot convert Tourist visa to Student visa, and looking for college admissions on a Tourist visa is not allowed.
Please note that as of now, we only process Tourist, Business, and Medical Visas of India for Sri Lankan Citizens.
India Visa Fees for for Sri Lankan Citizens
Find India e Visa Fee for Sri Lankan Citizens below,
|Indian Visa Types||India Visa Fee||Visa Validity|
|e-Tourist Visa 30 Days||$25||30 Days – Double Entry|
|e-Tourist Visa 1 Year||$25||365 Days – Multiple Entry|
|e-Business Visa||$25||365 Days – Multiple Entry|
|e-Conference Visa||$25||30 Days – Single Entry|
|e-Medical Visa||$25||60 Days – Triple Entry|
|e-Medical Attendant Visa||$25||60 Days – Triple Entry|
Read more about Indian Visa Fees.
Documents required for Indian Visa for Sri Lankan Citizens
There are some basic requirements which need to be furnished regardless of the type of visa and some other requirements depend on the type of visa required.
Mandatory Requirements for All Types of Visas
- Scanned Passport-sized photo (2in x 2in) with white background
- Scan of Passport with at least 6 months validity and 2 blank pages
- Scan of front and back page
- Old passport (if any), is also required
In addition to the above documents, you may need the documents for a particular type of visa listed below.
Business Visa Requirements
- Copy of Business Card or an invitation letter from the company in India including the company’s information, address and phone number in India
- Any letter of invitation if applicable from Indian parties which wish you conduct the business (optional).
If you’re visiting to conduct a lecture under Global Initiative for Academic Networks (GIAN), then you require:
- Invitation of the host institute to the foreign faculty
- Copy of the sanction order under GIAN issued by the National Coordinating Institute viz. IIT Kharagpur
- Copy of the synopsis of the courses to be taken up by the faculty
Medical Visa Requirements
- A copy of Letter from the Hospital concerned in India on its letterhead which includes the tentative date of admission/treatment in the hospital mentioning the name, nationality and Passport number of the patient/ e-Medical Visa applicant.
Tourist Visa Requirements
If you’re visiting for a short term course in India, then you need:
- Copy of letter from the institute/organization/hospital etc. concerned on its letter-head
If you’re visiting for a voluntary work of short duration, then you need:
- Copy of letter from the organization concerned on its letter-head
Conference Visa Requirements
- Invitation from the organizer (mandatory)
- Political clearance from Ministry of External Affairs, Govt of India (mandatory)
- Event clearance from Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt of India (optional)
Why should you choose IndiaVisaInfo for your Visa?
- Full detailed instructions on documentation and suggestions regarding the type of visa
- Scrutinization of your documents so minimal chance of visa rejection
- Only $3 initial payment. Rest can be paid after a final review of the application
- 24×7 WhatsApp, Chat, Phone, & Email Support for your Visa and it’s status
Process to get Indian Visa for Sri Lankan Citizens
- Visit https://indiavisainfo.com/apply-india-visa/ and fill the “India visa request” form with your basic information and pay $3 as an initial amount.
- Upload the documents required for processing.
- We will fill the application form on your behalf and send it to you for confirmation.
- After you confirm the accuracy of the information on the Application form, the next step is making the rest of your India visa payment.
- Visa will be sent to your email. Take a printout and you’re ready to go.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I convert my e-Visa to any other Visa?
No, e-Visa is non-extendable and non-convertible.
Can I get a refund on my fees if I changed my mind about going to India?
Once you’ve made the payment for your visa, it cannot be refunded since the processing will have already started.
What is a Business Card?
Business card means ‘a card provided to you by the company you are working for’ OR you can also upload ‘an invitation letter from the company in India including company’s information, address and phone number in India’.
Can I get Visa on Arrival (VoA) at Indian Airports/Seaport?
The Visa on Arrival facility is only for the nationals of Japan, South Korea and UAE (only for such UAE nationals who had earlier obtained e-Visa or regular/paper visa for India).
Is the e-Visa facility allowed for employment Visa?
e-Visa is not allowed for employment. You may apply for a Regular Visa.
Is the e-Visa allowed for Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) activities and journalism purposes?
e-Visa is not allowed for NGO activities and journalism purposes. However, Voluntary work of short duration (for a maximum period of one month, which do not involve any monetary payment or consideration of any kind in return) are allowed.
How many attendants can come with a patient?
Only two e-Medical Attendant Visas will be granted against one e-Medical Visa (patient).